The new BMW 7 Series is set to reinforce its position as the most innovative sedan in the luxury segment. The flagship model series of the BMW fleet embodies sporting elegance, refined powertrain technology and luxurious comfort in equal measure. And now, by making a clear step up in terms of product substance, the Sedan is set to underline its leadership. New LED headlights, an upgraded interior with optimised soundproofing, markedly improved ride comfort, a comprehensive selection of optional equipment and state-of-the-art safety technology combine to create an in-car experience from the top drawer. A line-up of either new or optimised drive systems, including the world’s most powerful six-cylinder in-line diesel engine and the second-generation BMW ActiveHybrid 7, set new performance and efficiency benchmarks.
- New full-LED headlights, a prominent BMW kidney grille and a modified front apron define the unmistakable appearance of the new BMW 7 Series range.
- New to the cockpit are the multifunctional instrument display allowing the driver to select a variety of information and the central Control Display with 3D graphics. New Rear Seat Entertainment package
- New and upgraded engine variants raise the bar in terms of output and efficiency. Eight-speed automatic transmission is fitted as standard. Fuel savings of up to 25 per cent are possible.
- Engine line-up ranges from a TwinPower Turbo diesel unit that holds the title of the world’s most powerful straight-six diesel engine to the second generation BMW ActiveHybrid 7.
- Advanced features such as coasting mode, proactive hybrid technology and the Driving Experience Control switch with ECO PRO mode enhance both driving comfort and efficiency.
- Optimised chassis – with self-levelling air suspension at the rear axle – gives long-distance comfort a noticeable boost.
- New Connected Drive highlights: latest-generation Professional navigation system, BMW Night Vision + Dynamic Light Spot, anti-dazzle LED High-Beam Assistant, BMW Parking Assistant, Driver Assistant Plus, Active Protection.
The new BMW 7 Series Sedan will hit the ground running in 2012 armed with new and comprehensively revised engines which are extremely economical and low on emissions and channel their power to the driven wheels through an intelligent eight-speed automatic transmission. Technology such as the Auto Start-Stop function, Brake Energy Regeneration and the secondgeneration Driving Experience Control switch with ECO PRO mode and coasting function pave the way for additional fuel saving.
Alongside the flagship BMW 760i with its 12-cylinder powerplant and the entry-level engine in the BMW 730i (not available in all markets), customers can choose from the new six-cylinder in-line engine powering the BMW 740i and the revised V8 petrol engine earmarked for the BMW 750i. The six-cylinderdiesel engines in the BMW 730d and BMW 740d likewise offer drivers the combination of increased output and lower fuel consumption. Making its debut, meanwhile, is the new BMW 750d xDrive. Under its bonnet lies the new TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder diesel engine – the world’s most powerful diesel engine of its kind. Rounding off the range is the second-generation BMW ActiveHybrid 7 with a new six-cylinder in-line engine and significantly reduced emissions.
An impressive spread of chassis wizardry helps give the ride comfort of the BMW 7 Series Sedan a noticeable boost. Complementing the optimised chassis set-up – with modified rubber bearings and new dampers – and the self-levelling air suspension for the rear axle is the standard-fitted Electric Power Steering. State-of-the-art electronic control systems with likewise retuned software help to enhance the long-distance attributes of the BMW 7 Series Sedan and ensure that the new edition of the car makes travelling on board even more pleasurable – in terms of both dynamics and comfort.